Your privacy is important to Ancestorian. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Ancestorian collects, and the ways in which Ancestorian uses that personal information.
Who is Ancestorian?
Ancestorian is not a part of a corporate website. We are not owned by any organisation or company. Ancestorian was created by a sole developer using various open source software tools combined with months of dedicated work to make everything function as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Ancestorian is self-funded and non-profit. If you want to make a donation to support our efforts, please contact Gregory Scowen.
The site is a community effort and is moderated by a team of volunteers - whom you will see frequently contributing. They include:
- Gregory Scowen - (Switzerland, ex-New Zealand) - Founder, Developer, Admin, Gopher - (Gregory Scowen)
- Judy Brodie - (Australia) - Co-Founder, Admin, Active User - (Judy Brodie)
- Jane Chapman - (New Zealand, ex UK) - Admin, Active User - (JaneChapman)
- Lesley Avery - (Australia) - Admin, Active User - (Yelsel2)
- Alison Gilewski - (Australia) - Admin, Active User - (aligil)
- Ann Taylor - (UK) - Admin, Active User - (Ann Taylor)
- Robert (Robbie) Idle - (Switzerland/Germany) - Developer, Non-User, Slowly becoming interested in genealogy
Personal information collection
Ancestorian may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including information about and found within documents you upload);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including username and email address - only used to log you in and to remember your settings and posts);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (we save the posts you make so that they can be shown to other users)
- any other information that you send to Ancestorian (the content of your posts)
Ancestorian does not:
- include adverts from suppliers like Google or Facebook - who in turn are tracking you
- Include any statistics storage or retrieval from external systems like Google Analytics
- Include any tracking systems from Facebook, Google etc
- Offer social login systems - so that you cannot be tracked between other social networls and Ancestorian
Your privacy is very important to us. The whole point of Ancestorian is to provide a safer place for family historians to chat and work together.
Using personal information
Ancestorian may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send you marketing communications.
Where Ancestorian discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Ancestorian may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Ancestorian will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Ancestorian will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Ancestorian is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
As an Amazon Associate, Ancestorian may receive a commission from qualifying purchases. Ancestorian may provide links to external services such as Ancestry, Findmypast, etc. Where this occurs and a commission is to be paid, Ancestorian will disclose this. Ancestorian users may provide links to external websites and these may occasionally include affiliate codes and subsequent commission. Any user doing this should disclose such an affiliation. Abuse of affiliate links by users (only posting content when they can make money from it) will not be tolerated.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.