NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open to members of www.ancestorian.com (existing and new) who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Evidentree, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable national, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Evidentree as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries for the accrued for every new member referred by an existing member online starting on 21/07/2018, midday, GMT and ending 17/08/2018, midday, GMT.
4. How to Enter: The Referral Contest Campaign must be entered by referring friends and family to www.ancestorian.com resulting in a successful registration and active participation on the site. Active participation is determined by points earned by users. To be considered active, a user should have 25 points by the end of the campaign period. Users receive 10 points just for registering. Referrals are made by including the referrer code provided on the competition announcement in links that you publish by e-mail, on social media, or on your own website/blog. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Evidentree. You may not enter by creating multiple accounts using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Evidentree.
The Giveaway campaign is entered by being a member of Evidentree on 17/08/2018 when one eligible entry will be drawn at random from all eligible entries. Each member of Evidentree has 1 entry in the draw. Active membership is rewarded with a further entry for every 100 points the user has on 17/08/2018.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of each part (2) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 12 month Pro Subscription to FindMyPast (.co.uk) valued at £156. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Evidentree. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Evidentree's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all national, federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Evidentree to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner of the giveaway will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Evidentree. The winner of the competition will be determined by the number of active new members each user refers during the campaign period. Winner will be notified by e-mail and Evidentree Blog/user group announcement within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Evidentree shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all national, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT EVIDENTREE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this campaign, you understand and agree that should you win, Evidentree shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your username and avatar along with statements about the Campaign for news, publicity, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Evidentree reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Evidentree’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Evidentree may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Evidentree. Evidentree reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Evidentree has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Evidentree reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Evidentree and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SWITZERLAND AND ZURICH, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Zurich having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are Evidentree and FindMyPast.
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Evidentree is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.