- Explore the lives of your military ancestors and their families for free this Remembrance weekend
- All UK, Irish, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian, US and world records will be completely free to search and explore from the 8th to the 11th November 2019
Leading British & Irish family history website, Findmypast, will be providing free access to their entire collection of military and civilian records ahead of Remembrance Day 2019.
From 12pm (GMT) Friday November 8th, until 12pm Monday November 11th, all records on Findmypast excluding newspapers, electoral rolls and the Periodical Source Index, will be completely free to search and explore.
This includes more than 85 million military records covering all three service branches of the British Armed Forces as well as the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. Researches will be able to search for their ancestors in a variety of fascinating documents ranging from service records and pensions to medal rolls, POW records, casualty lists and more.
By providing free access to these detail rich documents, Findmypast is offering all visitors to the site the chance to honour the struggles and sacrifices endured by their military ancestors by telling their stories.
What’s more, all other records including censuses, births, marriages & deaths, wills, education & employment records, travel and social history records will also be free to use.
Free access to such a wide range of resources will enable researchers to paint a complete picture of their ancestor’s lives, before, after and during their military service, as well the impact it had on the wider family.
To use Findmypast for free this weekend, you simply need to sign up. Once you’re signed up, log in during the free period and you’ll be able to access all the records and features that would normally be included in a paid subscription. For more information, including our fair usage policy, read our free weekend terms and conditions.
*PLEASE NOTE - Records excluded from this free weekend promotion are:
- All newspapers
- The Periodical Source Index (PERSI)
- UK Electoral Registers & Companies House Directors 2002-2019
To view any excluded records during the free access period, you’ll need a valid subscription.
Findmypast (previously DC Thomson Family History) is the British-owned world leader in online family history with over 18 million registered users across its family of brands, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, the British Newspaper Archive and Twile.
Its lead brand, also called Findmypast, is the home of the world’s most comprehensive online collection of British and Irish records, including:
- The largest online collection of UK parish records
- Twice the number of Irish records available on any other site
- The British Library’s vast collection of historical newspapers
- Military service records for all three branches of the British Armed Forces
- The official home of the 1939 Register, in partnership with The National Archives
Findmypast is committed to making discoveries in the British Isles easier than ever before. It combines the best of British and Irish data with the knowledge of inhouse experts to provide a unique family history experience that guides researchers through every step of their journey.
For more information on how Findmypast is enhancing the experiences of family historians worldwide, visit: www.findmypast.co.uk