- Personal Blog Post
To create a personal blog post, either use the main menu... select Blogs > Create a Blog Post
On a desktop computer, there is a Blog menu in the right column. Click 'Create a Blog Post' on this menu.
Group Blog Post
If you want to create a blog post in a group that you are a member of, within the group, select the Blogs tab (far right of tab menu) and then Click 'Create'
- The form that you arrive at looks the same regardless of whether you are writing a personal or group blog post.
- Simply give your post a title and confirm you are not a robot... the click Create Draft
- Your draft has been created and you are taken to a screen with all of your Blog posts (personal and group)
- You can see if a post is in a group based on the tags with a green background. This post is in the 'Support' group
- Click 'Edit' to continue working on your post
- In the Blog post edit page, you see the title and status. The status is currently draft. This means only you see the post
- On the right of the post edit form, you can see we are in 'Visual' mode - the Visual tab is green- if you know HTML code and want to edit that, change to Text mode.
- You can write in a form and create a post. If you want a picture, click add media. If you just want one picture -your 'Featured Image'... add this below
- If you add a PDF in Add Media, it will display in a viewer when your Blog is published.
- You can add bold, italics, underline, ists and more.
You can also set a line to be a heading or normal paragraph etc
- Below the main content form, you can add some tags to help people find your post
- On the right, you can select and upload a featured image. This image is shown small next to the title in blog lists.... and shown large at the top of a post. A featured image looks best when at least 780 x 430 pixels in size
- When you return to the edit screen, you won't see the featured image yet. You need to click Save, below in the action buttons, to cause the image to upload
- The actions buttons at the bottom are where you can save and publish
- After clicking save, you see the preview of the featured image
- Finally, when you want to save or publish you need to use the action buttons at the bottom of the page
- The actions work as follows:
- Save - Save your progress and stay on this page
- Save & Return - Save your progress and return to your Blog list. You can continue later
- Publish - Save your progress and publish the blog post, making it public
- Delete - Delete the post and your progress
- Cancel - Return to your Blog list without saving any edits or deleting your post